Read all you need to know before you start.
The app works best on Android phones from version 5 and all versions after that. On an iPhone (iOS) the app works best on version 9.3.5 and all subsequent versions. The app also works on all of the older operating systems but might show performing issues. Because GPS antennas on these phones are older, it can take longer for the app to find routes on your location.
When you use the app for the first time, you will be greeted by 3 information screens. Simply navigate through these screens by swiping to the right or tapping ‘Next’ until you reach the login screen. Or click ‘Skip’ to go directly to the login screen.
If you already have an eRoutes app account, choose ‘Login’ and enter your email address and password to log in.
If you don’t have an account yet, click on ‘Register’ to quickly create your free account. Enter your email address and choose a password for your account. Then choose ‘Register account’ to continue.
You can also choose to register with your Facebook account. To do this, you need to be logged in to Facebook first.
Finally, activate your account by confirming your email address via the email sent to you, after which you can log into the app directly.
Do you want to find a route to run or walk? Then choose ‘Find your route’ from the home screen to have the app generate a route based on your desired distance.
The eRoutes app uses the GPS location of your phone. In order to be able to find routes and navigate you, you need to give the app permission to your location.
Get a route
- Select a distance by dragging the slider to the right.
- The app instantly generates routes that match your desired distance and location.
- Choose a route you want to walk or run.
- The route starts immediately and tells you where to walk via screen and voice navigation.
Tip: shut down all apps in the background to clear working memory for the eRoutes app to perform.
Do you want to start a training plan? Choose ‘Find your training plan’ or click on ‘Training’ in the menu bar.
Training with a plan is a sensible way to achieve your goals. There is a plan for everyone. But before you can start a training plan, we’d like to get to know you first. This means that we would like to know more about you so that we can help you on your way as best we can.
- Fill in your details in your profile.
- Choose a plan for walking or running.
- Make a choice out of the different training plan. We offer plans from 3 – 50 km, so there is one for each level.
- Next, specify how many weeks you want to reach your target
- Choose to start today or tomorrow
- Click on ‘Yes, create this training plan’.
- Your training plan is now ready, read the instructions carefully.
Start your first training!
You have the choice to start your training with a matching route or to determine your own route.
Proudly show how your training went and what you saw on the way!
Upon your return, you can stop the activity and get an overview of your statistics (time, distance, average speed) and the route you took.
Share your training with your friends through your own photo (Camera), an overview of your route (Map) or an overview of your stats (Picture).
After each workout, you can share your route with your friends on social media or send it to them via WhatsApp or another messaging service.
Under the heading ‘Training’ you will find an overview of your completed and planned training.
Desktop Route planner
Go to eroutes.com/planner to open the route planner.
In order to be able to use all the features of the route planner properly, we recommend that you visit it using a laptop or PC.
Each route always starts from a location of your choice on the map and is as long as you want it to be.
- Enter in the upper left corner how many kilometers you want to walk or run.
- Then go to the search field and enter where you want to start your route.
- Search for a place, address or location. You can also use the location pin on the map to determine your starting location.
- After you have entered your desired location, click on ‘Find routes’.
The route planner immediately creates routes that match your search.
Before you can view the details of a route, you first need to create an account.
Fill in your email address and choose a password. You will now receive an email to verify. After confirming your email, your account is activated and you can view route details and save routes.
Create an account easily and for free.
Have you found a route you want to walk or run? There are several ways to save it.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save the route to your profile,
- Choose ‘Print version’ to open a PDF version of the route
- Click on ‘Download’ to save the route as a special file for use on your favorite GPS device or sports watch: gpx, tcx and kml.
You can save the first 3 routes for free.
Premium members have full access to all the features, such as saving as many routes as desired, the printing of the complete route description and downloading all routes for use on GPS devices as a sports watch or smartwatch.